Say yes to European fashion and no to American fashion! Have you ever gone to see a play at the theater and seen how American men and women often look completely mismatched? The women are decked out from head to toe, while the men are in jeans and t-shirts. I’ve been fortunate to have traveled to many exotic places in the world including Europe. When traveling to many parts of Europe you can quickly see differences in fashion. I found that Europeans tend to dress a bit more fashionable and Americans, especially American men, seem to dress down almost to the point of being sloppy.
While in Europe, I found the style for men very refreshing. Interestingly, I’ve heard comments like, “if men in the U.S. dressed like the men in Europe, the American men would be called gay.” European men tend to wear more fitted pants and shirts, which looks much classier and sexy. And consequently, to pull off this style, their physiques are more lean and fit than the average American. Metrosexual was a term coined in the last decade or so, which means a city-dwelling, heterosexual man whose way of life, concern for personal appearance, and spending habits are compared to those of a fashionable male homosexual. In my humble opinion, it seems that European men are much more in touch with their metrosexual side than American men.
So here are some baby step fashion tips for American men:
- Get fit. At the end of the day no matter what you wear, it will look better on a fit body.
- Lose the golf shirts. Those oversized, frumpy golf shirts, no matter what logo it displays (yes, even Polo) make you guys look like clones of one another.
- Ditch the khaki pants and khaki shorts too. Just because golf shirts and khakis work on the golf course, it doesn’t mean it works everywhere in your life.
- Iron. Wrinkled clothes look like you rolled out of bed. Take it to the cleaners and press it or find wrinkle free items.
- Change your clothes for the occasion. When going out in the evening, don’t simply untuck your work dress shirt and put on a pair of jeans. If the shirt isn’t fitted, the baggy shirts look messy and unsexy when untucked, not to mention it will be wrinkled.
Simply said America guys: it is time to get in touch with your sexy side. Don’t let those Europeans beat you in looking good. We know you have it in you. Now show us your stuff!
Liked this article? Please share with your friends and “like” us on our Facebook page. Don’t forget to check out our calendar of events, weight loss calculator, 3D body mass index, food calorie counter, and exercise calorie calculator.