Would you give up sex? How much do you love your iphone? A recent survey by TeleNav found that many Americas would be willing to sacrifice some of the pleasures of life rather than give up their mobile phone. Apparently, smartphone users indicated more attachment to their devices than feature phone users, with iPhone users leading the pack. Actually, iPhone users compared Android or BlackBerry users would go a week without their significant other, exercise or shoes—rather than sacrifice a week without their phone.
Summary of the surprising stats:
- One-third of all respondents would be more willing to give up sex for a week than their mobile phone.
- Of the respondents who indicated they would be more willing to give up sex than their mobile phone for a week, 70% were women.
- 54% of all respondents would be more willing to give up exercise for a week than their mobile phone.
- So what about our guilty pleasures? 55% of respondents would be more willing to give up caffeine for a week than their mobile phone, 63% would be more willing to give up chocolate, and 70% would be willing to forego alcohol.
- One in five respondents are more willing to go shoeless than phoneless for a week.
- iPhone users (43%) were more likely to say they’d go a week without shoes than Android users (27%) or BlackBerry users (25%).
One flaw in the survey, they forgot to ask if you would you give up dancing or your cell phone.
Liked this article? Please share with your friends and “like” us on our Facebook page. Don’t forget to check out our weight loss calculator, 3D body mass index, food calorie counter, and exercise calorie calculator.